Understanding Charles De Gaulle Airport Transportation Options
Once you get to the airport and if you plan on staying in Paris or simply need to travel to some place nearby, you will need to know ahead of time what Charles de Gaulle airport transportation options are available. Luckily there are many options available and each of them will work for you and the budget you have set aside for transportation.
Types of Transportation Available
Not everyone can bring their personal vehicles to Paris with them. This is why the Charles de Gaulle airport transportation services are available. To eliminate some confusion for you upon your arrival at the airport you need to know ahead of time where you need to go in order to catch a ride to your next destination. You have several options including:
- The RER Train which is a rapid transit system that serves Paris and the surrounding suburbs. There are several connection points within Paris. It is similar to the Metro but it is faster and it makes fewer stops. It will take you approximately 32 minutes to reach Paris with this method of travel, it is the cheapest way to travel to Paris and you should not have to wait longer than 15 minutes for the RER train while at the airport. There are RER trains in all terminals of the Charles de Gaulle airport.
- The TGV or (high speed train) is the best option for traveling a long distance very quick. The price will vary depending on how far you need to travel and you do have the option to travel in economy or comfort seating. However as a base rate you should expect to pay at least € 9.50 to travel 50 minutes. You can find a railway station between terminals 2C, 2D, 2E and 2F. If you are not nearby this terminal area, you may use the airports shuttle services to get you to the railway station. You should try to arrive early in order to get your seat on the train.
- Travel by Buses, including Roissybus, local buses 350 and 351, Air France Buses, Noctilien and the VEA Bus to Disneyland. You can catch the Roissybus and you will not have to wait more than 30 minutes for a bus. Average fare is € 10 and your journey will take approximately 45 to 60 minutes. For bus 350 and 351 you can expect to travel 45 minutes to an hour. The Noctilien or Night Bus will cost you € 7.60 and take you about 60 minutes to reach your destination. Traveling on the VEA will take you about 45 minutes with an average price range of € 20 per adult and € 16 per child. Bus stations are located throughout the airport.
- Taxi services are available in terminals 1 and 2. The price range for taxi services will vary depending on where you wish to go.
- Car or Motorbikes can be rented in the airport with varying fees. You should not have to wait long for your car and then travel to Paris may take you about 31 minutes though this will depend on where you plan to travel to inside of Paris.
- Travel via Private Shuttles will cost you € 17-€ 20 in most cases and you will be riding for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes to reach Paris.
As you can see, there are many travel options available to help you reach your destination quickly and with various price ranges to meet any of your particular budget needs. So be sure to click the links available if you would like to know more about a particular Charles de Gaulle airport transportation method.